BMW recently unveiled the facelifted 2 series, and to celebrate that they’ve released a special edition M240i M Performance Edition.
Though the name shouts performance it is more styling and aesthetics than performance as the as the TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder engine only gains 5 hp taking it from 335hp to 340hp.
Here are some of the visual cues that show off this special edition BMW:
- A new lip spoiler finished in matte black
- Blacked out kidney grills
- 19-inch light alloy wheels finished in Orbit Grey with a diamond polished visible side.
- Carbon side skirts
- Carbon mirror caps
- Exposed carbon fiber trimming on tailpipe
- Partly painted rear diffuser contrasted by exposed carbon fiber
Buyers have an option of either a six-speed manual gearbox and an eight-speed automatic which is good for a 0 – 100 km/h sprint in 4.4 secs and a limited top speed of 250 km/h.
The M240i M Performance goes on sale in July this year and will be limited to just 750 units. We’re sure a couple will land in South Africa.